My Don Juan climbing rose bush is in full bloom!
1. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
2. I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.
3. She was only a whisky maker, but he loved her still.
4. A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
5. The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work.
6. No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
7. A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
8. A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum Blownapart.
9. Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
10. Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
11. A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall. The police are looking into it.
12. Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
13. Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on a head.'
14. I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then, it hit me.
15. A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said, 'Keep off the Grass.'
16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'
17. A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.
18. It's not that the man did not know how to juggle, he just didn't have the balls to do it.
19. The short fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
20. The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
21. A backward poet writes inverse.
22. In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes.
23. When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
24. Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects!
Last night I made a judgment error. J & I decided to watch a movie. We had three choices. "Marley & Me?", he asked.
Sure. Why not?
Now, in retrospect, I can tell you exactly "Why Not" and perhaps you can save yourself from emotional turmoil. (BTW, if you have not seen this movie and want to be unpleasantly surprised, you may want to move on to the next post.)
I should have looked up the ending online before I agreed to spend two hours becoming attached to a dog in a movie.
Then, the dog dies.
I hate movies with dying dogs. Eight Below - WORST MOVIE EVER. Old Yeller - Not for me.
Did you see A Time to Kill? Remember the part where the dog may or may not have been a victim of the fire? When that dog showed up on the screen again, my heart jumped a little.
I really, really hate it when a movie makes me cry. It makes me feel like a complete idiot. "Come ON," I tell myself. "It's a movie. NOT REAL LIFE WITH PEOPLE I KNOW."
Today the Spohrs celebrate the life of their beloved Maddie.
I do not know the family personally. But, as with many other members in the blogging community, I feel like I do. Their loss is shared across the community, and I am heartbroken for them.
Life is so fleeting. We get wrapped up in our personal drama, and even the drama of others. We forget.
Then, a terrible tragedy like this happens and we find ourselves hit in the face with something we don't see coming - our humanity.
Take a moment and say a prayer for the Spohrs today. Their sweet Maddie has been an inspiration and touched the lives of countless people. I know they are receiving love and support from all over the world.
I look at my own beautiful daughter and I cannot help but think of the many "what ifs". But, that is wasting precious moments that we have together. So, I will dress her in purple today and thank God for every second that we have.
I get a lot of these questions to fill out in facebook, and I actually do one every once in a while even though my friends might tell you otherwise.
Using only song names from ONE ARTIST, CLEVERLY answer these questions. Try not to repeat a song title. It's harder than you think!
Pick Your Artist: Jack Johnson
Describe yourself: Sitting, Waiting, Wishing
How do you feel about yourself: Cocoon
Describe where you currently live: Jungle Gym
If you could go anywhere, where would you go: The Cove
Your favorite form of transportation: Traffic in the Sky
Your best friend is: Good People
Your favorite color is: Orange Whip Groove
What's the weather like: Rainbow
Favorite time of the day: Tomorrow Morning
If your life was a TV show, what would it be called: Staple It Together
What is life to you: Imagine
What is the best advice you have to give: Better Together
If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be: Dreams Be Dreams
Your favorite food is: Cookie Jar
Thought for the Day: Let It Be Sung
How I would like to die: The Horizon Has Been Defeated
My soul's present condition: I Shall Be Released
The faults I can't bear: Fortunate Fool
My motto: With My Own Two Hands
After an unexpected start, my leave of absence from the new job has ended. Today, I feel like a kid who is just starting at a new school in the middle of the school year. I am very nervous. I only had 9 days to meet these people before I had to begin my leave.
I work 100% from home for the new job. While I love working from home, it makes it difficult to get to know your co-workers. I am completely unsure what to expect.
On top of that, I have this little "missing my baby" feeling to contend with. Grace & I have been cooped up together in the house for four weeks now. Honestly, I am not sure what to do without her here!