4.14.2009

A Difficult Day in Blogville

Today the Spohrs celebrate the life of their beloved Maddie.

I do not know the family personally. But, as with many other members in the blogging community, I feel like I do. Their loss is shared across the community, and I am heartbroken for them.

Life is so fleeting. We get wrapped up in our personal drama, and even the drama of others. We forget.

Then, a terrible tragedy like this happens and we find ourselves hit in the face with something we don't see coming - our humanity.

Take a moment and say a prayer for the Spohrs today. Their sweet Maddie has been an inspiration and touched the lives of countless people. I know they are receiving love and support from all over the world.

I look at my own beautiful daughter and I cannot help but think of the many "what ifs". But, that is wasting precious moments that we have together. So, I will dress her in purple today and thank God for every second that we have.

2 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

All we have is today. And we thank God for that, one day at a time. Whatever He has in store for us, it is for His glory, even when we don't understand. May He bless and keep us as we recall:

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms 118:24 KJV)

Vincent G said...

Lovely blog, thanks for taking the time to share this.