8.29.2009

Rest

By now, I am physically and emotionally exhausted. I want to sleep for a week. Maybe three.

So, I did the best thing that I could do. I went to the beach.

I love the beach. My 6-month old had never seen it. I was so excited about taking her.

My family had planned this trip for months. The timing was perfect. We all needed to get away.

J & I went down on Saturday. Grace had her first contact with the sand and the beautiful ocean. Of course, we got it all on video!

J hates the beach and he needed the hours at work, so he went back Sunday and Grace & I stayed until Wednesday. My parents and the rest of the family stayed on the rest of the week.

We had a fabulous time. Other than missing J, I did not want to come back home to reality.

1 comment:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the few days of peace -- they would be so good for you after the blows of the storm. Your grandparents passing so closely together can be seen as a blessing. It would be for me, I assure, to be with my life's partner wherever we travel. The job loss, well, I would consider it a low personal blow from an insecure individual who (maybe) fears for his own job. May he someday relate to a similar situation. And, may you continue to find rest.