4.06.2010

Dancing to the Blue Light

Today, for the first time in my life, I was pulled for speeding.

I was driving around a curve. I knew I was going a little fast. When I reached the end of the curve, I saw the policeman. He was sitting in a driveway, hidden by bushes. Sneaky, sneaky.

He blinked his lights at me and I instantly slowed.

I continued on my way (5 below the speed limit) and he followed at a pretty good distance behind me. "Safe." I thought.

About a mile down the road, the policeman turned on his lights and pulled me over. I honestly didn't know they did that. I thought if they caught you in a place where there was lots of room to pull over that they would go ahead and do so.

Anyway, I was trembling but not crying. I always wondered how I would act, what I would say, etc. It turns out that I will act like a complete dork. But not a crying dork.

Mr. Officer got my license and registration. He was rude and I was shaking. I told him that I had never been in this situation before, so I was nervous. I didn't want him to think that I was hiding something or acting suspicious for some criminal reason.

Him: "Not even a warning?"
Me: "No Sir" (check out the politeness)
Him: "Well, slow down then."

He let me go.

I did slow down. I set my cruise to make sure of it.

No comments: