6.23.2009

The 31st

This morning, in the midst of getting Grace up & ready, dealing with fires at work and the huge pile of laundry that grows astronomically every time I turn around, something happened.

I turned 31.

Of course, as anyone can tell you, being 31 feels no differently than being 30. It's just another year gone by. Regardless of the chaos around me, it came and went just the same.

This year could be the best ever. After waiting for so many years, I have my precious daughter.

But life finds a way of humbling me over & over again. When something goes right, three more things go wrong.

It may be obvious in my writing - it definitely is to me - but I've been struggling with depression again lately. I am unhappy with work, and the cloud from that is invading my entire life.

Whenever I feel down, I try very hard to consider all my blessings. With that in mind, here are 31 blessings in my life for my 31st year (in no particular order).

  1. My beautiful, healthy daughter
  2. A dependable husband who is my best friend
  3. My Dad
  4. My dogs
  5. God's faithfulness
  6. Music
  7. The Ocean
  8. Photography
  9. The ability to remember random facts
  10. My baby's smile (I know, I know. I already said something about her back up at #1. But, hey! I make the rules here.)
  11. Long eyelashes
  12. Monopoly (the board game)
  13. Flowers
  14. Curling up with a good book
  15. Facebook
  16. Food to eat and clothes to wear
  17. Creative outlets
  18. Trees
  19. Smart Phones
  20. Melted cheese
  21. A car that runs
  22. DVR
  23. Benedryl
  24. Chocolate
  25. The storage capacity on my iPod
  26. My family and the good memories associated with them
  27. A fabulous home
  28. Quiet moments
  29. Bacon & Eggs
  30. Electricity
  31. Watching my child grow

1 comment:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

Caution with depression. My Beloved Husband was hospitalized several years ago. It is insidious. Counting blessings is a good answer to it, and you have some great blessings to consider. May you continue to enjoy each and every one, gaining more as time goes by.