I turned 31.
Of course, as anyone can tell you, being 31 feels no differently than being 30. It's just another year gone by. Regardless of the chaos around me, it came and went just the same.
This year could be the best ever. After waiting for so many years, I have my precious daughter.
But life finds a way of humbling me over & over again. When something goes right, three more things go wrong.
It may be obvious in my writing - it definitely is to me - but I've been struggling with depression again lately. I am unhappy with work, and the cloud from that is invading my entire life.
Whenever I feel down, I try very hard to consider all my blessings. With that in mind, here are 31 blessings in my life for my 31st year (in no particular order).
- My beautiful, healthy daughter
- A dependable husband who is my best friend
- My Dad
- My dogs
- God's faithfulness
- The Ocean
- The ability to remember random facts
- My baby's smile (I know, I know. I already said something about her back up at #1. But, hey! I make the rules here.)
- Long eyelashes
- Monopoly (the board game)
- Curling up with a good book
- Food to eat and clothes to wear
- Creative outlets
- Smart Phones
- Melted cheese
- A car that runs
- The storage capacity on my iPod
- My family and the good memories associated with them
- A fabulous home
- Quiet moments
- Bacon & Eggs
- Watching my child grow