12.26.2008

Christmas Rock Band

Last night, for the first time it felt like Christmas. Seeing my family is always important to me, but they have a way of cheering me that no one else can. I really needed that this week.

At our dinner conversation, I laughed so hard that I cried a little . Are you familiar with the ugly laugh? The one that completely distorts your face, but you are rendered completely powerless to stop it? The one where you try your best to squelch your laughter, but hideous noises come out anyway?

We all found ourselves in that state as we sat around sharing various comedic instances that happened through the years. For example, my grandparents used to have a large collie named Ace. Ace had a very special relationship with my cousin Anthony. That dog would chase Anthony around the yard, trying to hump not just his leg - but his entire body. Anthony still has nightmares about that dog. I can still see it as if it were yesterday - Anthony running for his life while that dog stayed close behind ready to pounce. We were all laughing hysterically at this memory - except for Anthony.

After dinner, I sang my troubles away with a family game of Rock Band. I sang songs that I knew and songs that I didn't. J must think my family is insane sometimes.

Finally, it came time to leave. I found myself stuck on the sofa. I was sitting on the middle cushion, and the cushion was sunk in at the back. I found it was physically impossible for me to get up. I sat there stuck for several minutes before J realized what was taking me so long! I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of being stuck. I still have around three months to go!

No comments: