1.29.2009

31 Weeks, 4 Days, PM

Dear Baby Girl,

I am back in the postpartum wing now. I am much more comfortable now. The magnesium drip from last night helped, but my blood pressure is beginning to go back up a little tonight. My swelling has increased. Your Dad says my hands look like those of a 500-pound woman. The swelling is irritating the IV. The nurse will check with the doctor, and they may do something about that later tonight.

I now know that I will not be going home until you are born. We are back to the waiting game again! All the tests have shown such good results for you. My condition has not affected you, but I am not sure how long that will last. My body is failing me. I am sure it sounds very weak of me, but I cannot bear to know that my body is failing you, too. We will know more in the morning.

Love Forever,

Your Mom

No comments: