4.18.2008

Birth



For the last several years, I have pondered what I want to do with my life. I am 29 years old and married to a great guy. We have 2 dogs that I adore. I am blessed to have people in my life that love me and willingly deal with all my quirkiness. I have never been without a steady job. I have a lot going for me.

But somehow, my attempt to live a "normal", happy life always falls short of my own expectations. Inherently, I am just not a happy person. Something always gets in the way.

So, during this time of soul searching, I am finding that maybe it is okay for me to be to just be me. I attract drama, and I am learning to own that. However, this ephiphany does not make the day-to-day any easier. So I have decided I need an outlet, and here I am.

I have decided that I will pour out my heart and soul to you, Internet, and so this blog was born.

I have had a blog for a number of years. We'll call it the Other Blog. I post things about issues that I care about, music I like, sites I find online, you know - just like the other 7 million people that do the exact same thing. In the Other Blog, I rarely post anything personal. Okay, with the exception of pictures of my Beautiful Dogs and my Amazing 10 Nieces and Nephews. Oh, and the house that took us two years to build. But no real personal writing.

I am not starting this blog to be unique (because of the other 7 million blogs that are the same thing) or even to entertain. I am starting the blog for me. If it helps someone else to read about my drama...well that's just icing on the cake. A lemon cake.

No comments: