4.18.2008

Lemonologie?

"So why lemonologie?" you may ask.

Excellent question. I wish I could tell you someting uber-creative, elaborate reason about how I am obsessed with lemons to the point where everything in my house is yellow and smells like pie. But, that is just not the case. I like lemon-flavored things, but there is no obsession involved.

I thought about what I wanted this blog to be about - my life and the normal, everyday drama that regular people such as myself face, and I was reminded of that old saying "When Life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Or something like that. Since my life is full of lemons, it could work.

Then I started seeing lemons. Really. No drugs involved, I promise. I would go shopping and there would be lemons on pillows. I threw a party at my house and my sister-in-law brought lemon dessert, etc, etc, etc.

So I decided I wanted lemon something. I could easily use lemons to build a theme. Maybe even a happy theme. Plus, as an added bonus, it's fun to say. Try it. "Lemon, lemon, lemon." Almost as fun as "llama", but without the spitting and biting. That's another post for another day.

So I went to my bestest, most trustworthy online friend - Google. I did a search for several varieties of the word lemon - lemonicious, lemonate, lemonator, lemonflower, purplelemon. All returned a bunch of results, and I didn't want that. I want to be UNIQUE. So, when "lemonologie" returned void, I was thrilled.

There you have it. Okay, maybe it IS an elaborate reason and it only makes sense to me.

No comments: