10.28.2008

Staying in for the Day

Today I decided to avoid the haven of germs that is my office and work from home. J works from home full-time now, so both of us in the office on our respective computers all day was an interesting experience.

I am hot and want the fan on. He is cold and wants the door shut. He is on a conference call and I am trying to focus. I want classical music station and he wants the History Channel. I want the office to be bright with the window open and he wants it closed because there is a glare on his computer screen. The dogs do not understand why we are both home, so they whine the whole day.

But despite all of that, I would much rather be at home with my husband than at the office any day of the week. We may not agree on everything, but both of us rely heavily on the presence of the other one. There is no one in the world that I would rather argue the temperature with.

No comments: