11.15.2008

Dear Mr. Door to Door Vacuum Cleaner Salesman

Dear Mr. Door to Door Vacuum Cleaner Salesman,

I am writing to tell you how you are my new work hero. Can you train me to have your job? Can you share with me all your trade secrets? I want to be just like you.

First, you located my mother-in-law. She warily let you in, and you began your amazing carpet cleaning demonstration. You did not know this at the time, but she has been looking for a new vacuum cleaner. She had no intentions of buying from you, though. However, your awesome skill swayed her. Ever the bargain driver, she talked you down a few hundred bunks (maybe I need to learn that skill too) and she became the new owner of this wonderful vacuum. She refused to let you take her old one, and she is really proud of her dealing with you - bragging, even.

Your next stop was my brother-in-law & sister-in-law's house. They had received the warning call from the mother-in-law that you were coming. They had no intentions of buying anything from you, but they wanted to be nice and listen to your presentation since you had come all the way out to the middle of no where in order to pitch your vacuums to our family. You left their home with their old vacuum cleaner and one more sale in your pocket.

I am so impressed. How did you do that?

Luckily for me and my wallet, you did not make it all the way down the road to my house today. I have no doubts that I would also be the proud new owner of one of your miracle vacuum cleaners.

Yours truly,

A

No comments: