9.05.2008

Happy Birthday J!

Today is J's 32nd birthday. I decided that to celebrate, I would take him to Outback and invite our favorite members of his family.

I tried to think of everything. I arranged to be at home early so I could take the dogs out before driving all the way back up to the nearest "big" town where the Outback is located. I called ahead for reservations, excuse me - choice seating, so that I would not have to hear any certain family members griping while we had to wait for seats.

Luckily, I remembered that J refuses to let the waiters and waitresses sing to him, and I was able to remind his mom before she attempted that again. Such a bad sport. Last year he made such a big deal about it, that the waiter left the cake and ran away, never to be seen by us again. For such an easy-going guy like J, it was a pretty big scene. I was just relieved that we already had our food at the time, so the waiter didn't have the opportunity to spit in it.

Anyway, we had a fabulous time tonight. Sometimes the best birthdays are just simply spending time with the people you love and that love you right back.

No comments: