6.05.2008

It's So Hot

Normally at work, we fight for the parking spot closest to the door. Today, the fight is for the one furtherest away - SHADE, glorious SHADE.

A friend sent me a few "It's So Hot" jokes to commiserate our blistering weather.

It was so hot today that:
  • I saw a funeral procession pull into a Dairy Queen.
  • I saw my air conditioner buying an air conditioner.
  • the cows are giving evaporated milk.
  • the trees are whistling for the dogs.
  • hot water is coming out of both taps.
  • my biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
  • I realized that asphalt has a liquid state.
  • I fried an egg on the hood of my car and it really cooked, but I couldn't eat it because it had paint chips in it.
  • Dick Cheney replaced his defibultor with a dehumidifier.
  • Campbell's Soup has changed the directions on its cans to "Just pour and eat."
  • the digital thermometer on your porch displays the words, "Oh, Mama!"

No comments: