8.08.2008

Lunchtime Ramblings

If they did a better job cleaning the floors here at my office, I would be laying down there now, writhing around, moaning and holding my stomach in agony. Since that type of dramatic episode would probably not help my career, it's probably a good thing that my OCD is stronger than the royal fit my stomach is having at the moment.

My office has three single-occupant bathrooms that we all share. All of them are downstairs, and my office is located downstairs. That's old-fashioned, physical stairs, folks. There are no elevators, escalators or the like. The bathroom closest to me doesn't have a fan that runs. This is a problem, because I don't want to interrupt the entire customer service department with the sounds of my heaving.

The other two bathrooms are right across the hall from each other. Across the building. So, I have to walk by the glass walls of each office in the hallway. There's nothing else over there, nobody to pretend to go visit, etc. When you head to the bathroom, there is no playing it off. And, since I have been pregnant, let's just say I have already been a frequent visitor. I'm trying to hold off my next march down the hall for as long as humanly possible.

Tomorrow I'm leaving for vacation. I'll be out of the office for a week. It seems like the week before vacation is the slowest possible week ever. Add the queasiness to that - and you have me feeling miserable and whiny. But, at the same time, I am still super-excited about our baby, the wonderful day that we had yesterday and the fact that tomorrow I will be lounging on the beach.

I'm also having trouble with my train of thought. This post probably reflects that - it has been very random, and I am no longer sure where I'm going with it. Even though I will be gone next week, I put together some various posts to continue with my daily post goal.

Well, for now, it's back to work for me!

No comments: