7.07.2008

Back to Work

The day I've been dreading since last week finally came today. I had to go back to work. That extra day of holiday really makes coming back in the office a tough thing to do.

I got up and got ready. I stopped in for breakfast as an "I'm sorry you have to go back to work" gift to myself. I was determined to make it a good day, despite being pinned up in the office.

Didn't work.

As soon as I got in the door, I was greeted with another round of SQL injection attacks. Darn you hackers!!! It's my job to co-ordinate the team to get our applications back in working order.

I realized shortly after getting in that I left my iPod charging it home. Sigh.

It was going to be a long day.

In an important meeting this morning, I marked all over my light-colored trousers with my pen. Dang it. I knew better than to wear light colors. On a Monday, too. If that's not a sign you should go home, I don't know what is.

We ordered in for pizza because we knew the team would be swamped, so I never got to leave the office for the much-needed hour-away-for-lunch.

When the clock finally, slowly turned to my "outta here" time, I jumped up for joy. Maybe it will be better tomorrow. Maybe...

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I'm staying at home with my kids now, but I still remember DREADING the first day back to work. Here's to hoping for a good work week!