7.25.2008

Meltdown Gets Down

My two-year-old niece, Meltdown, is flying through her terrible two's. Now, she so sweet that she's irresistible. If she keeps this up, I will have to think of a new moniker for her here.

Last night Monkey T (age 10) had a friend over and they were inventing dances and variety show acts. Oh, to be young again.

When the music came on, Meltdown jumped to the center stage in front of the other two girls. And she let loose. She did the twist, followed by the macarena (the two-year-old's version) and the jump (remember Kris Kross?). Then she got on the floor and started with something like break dancing that ended up just a lot of rolling around to the music. Then she ended her routine by running around in circles until she fell down.

When the song was over she got up and clapped loudly for herself.

I wish I'd been able to get it on video.

That kid. I wonder what they are teaching her in daycare? She's got to be getting those moves from somewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there.

I found you through Liz's Blog to Show. I really like the look of your blog; beautiful work!

As for this post, watching young children dance is always fun! They're so uninhibited and you never know what they'll do next.