7.30.2008

Right Up My Nose

This morning, a gnat flew up my nose.

I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet. I lay on the bed, reading my book and waiting for the last possible moment until I had to get up.

The gnat must have snuck in when we were taking the dogs out last night. He must have perched on the top of my bed post throughout the entire night. Just waiting. And watching. Then, this morning, he saw his opportunity.

Of all the places in the room - the entire house for that matter - he chose right up my nose.

I know it must sound (from posts like this and this) like insects are invading my house. I really don't think this is the case. I am just prone to harassment by the wretched creatures. Oh, that and living out in the middle of nowhere. My house is OCD clean - I promise - so it's not that. Insects are just prominent in the woods and they are so, so sneaky.

When we have the door open, it's usually in the process of taking the dogs in and out. The dogs think we are crazy, I'm sure. When the door is open, we desperately try to get them to hurry across the threshold so that we can shut it again. No wonder Max is so jumpy.

I'm sure I've said this before, but it's worth another run. I hate bugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I ate a fly once. Chomped down on it and everything. I was 10. Wasn't thinking. When I realized it was a fly I gagged and brushed my teeth about 100 times!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Spot this morning!