5.20.2008

Baskets & Parents


This evening my parents decided to drop in. They seem to be establishing a pattern that will lead me to dust my plants on a regular basis. Trust me, don't ask.

Anyway, my mother-in-law had a basket party tonight. She invited my Mom, who spent the week telling me she could not come. She does live ~75 minutes away, I really never thought she would come.

I left work a little early so that I could make sure I got all my errands done before the basket party, and I decided to call my parents.

Dad: Hey! Whatcha' doing?
Me: I just left work, and I am heading home
Dad: Oh good! We will beat you there! We're getting ready to turn in on your road.

Hold up. What!?! I HAVEN'T DUSTED THE PLANTS!

25 minutes later, I pulled in and my parents were sitting in their car in the driveway.

We honestly had a very nice visit, even though all odds were against us:
  1. It stormed, and my mom refused to spend the night at our house even if it meant driving back in the storm. Furthermore, I had just terrified my parents by recapping our 7 hour power outage from Sunday night. The storm finally blew over about 15 minutes before the party ended.


  2. The basket lady cancelled on my mother-in-law due to the weather. Only 3 other people showed up to the party that my mother-in-law has been planning for more than a month. Luckily, my mother-in-law recently decided to become a basket consultant herself, and this was just her introductory show. She had the baskets and materials to proceed anyway. Lucky J, now we have a really expensive basket ordered to put our remotes in! (Catalog picture above)

1 comment:

A Mom Two Boys said...

Oooh...baskets. I'm a basket freak. In my disorganized house I have baskets EVERYWHERE so I can just throw stuff in them when I need to. It's kind of a sickness.

And I HATE it when people just drop by. Even if it is family. See above comment about disorganization!

Welcome to AllMediocre!