5.07.2008

A Tick!

This morning I had to pull a tick off of J's shoulder. YUCK! EW, EW, EW!

When I was growing up, I had seen ticks on a dog, but never a PERSON.

Fairly soon after J & I were married, we came down to Ruralopia to visit his mom. In the shower the morning after we got back, I noticed a new mole on my midsection. Upon closer inspection, I realized it MOVED!

J was totally level-headed about the situation, and simply removed the little invader. I guess growing up around this kind of thing as a regular occurance will do that to you. I, on the otherhand, spent the next three weeks waiting for my Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever symptoms to begin. (Luckily that didn't happen).

So now, after several years to digest that ticks will actually attack humans and that I cannot prevent this from happening, I...well, I still completely freak out.

No comments: