5.19.2008

Power to the People

This morning I am struggling to stay awake at my desk.

Yesterday evening, it stormed. Not a hard storm - mostly rain - but a storm nonetheless.

At 5:00 PM, our power went off. We thought it would be back shortly, so we continued to get ready and go to the evening church service.

We got back home around 8:00 PM, and still no power. I began to get worried. I like to sleep with the fan on. I am also terribly spoiled by air condition. And running water.

As the hours went by, my panic level continued to rise. Finally, I became so worn out from being upset that I finally fell into a fitful sleep.

At 12:00 AM, I saw light. The angels began singing the "Hallelujah Chorus". (Okay, so the last part was probably only in my head.) Our power had returned, and all was right with the world.

Well, at least until this morning when my alarm went off, and I had to get out of bed.

No comments: