5.03.2008

Chasing a Two Year Old

Today I am spending my day chasing my two-year-old niece, Meltdown.

Meltdown & I have a special relationship, because I am one of the few people that she actually likes. She is extremely opinionated, and will let you know immediately if something is not the way she wants it. First, her lip quivers slightly and her eyebrows raise with a look of innocence. Then, three...two...one...SCREAMING! And CRYING! Hence the name - Meltdown.

I have discovered her secret. If I pick her up and hug her tightly she calms down almost immediately. Then she becomes the cutest little kid EVER. Did I mention that bribery (ice cream? popcorn?) also helps?

So we have played on the playground (sorry I had to miss your soccer game, Toaster, even though I was there - I had to watch your sister, and wow does she like to climb on things I cannot reach), "watched" movies, eaten grilled cheese sandwichs and lots and lots of Goldfish and finally, finally taken a nap.

No comments: